Safety Links // Treatment Links // Legislative Links // Other Useful Links
- The New Mexico
Traffic Safety Bureau, Department of Transportation.
On-line news about traffic safety projects in New Mexico including training,
the Community DWI Program, Operation DWI and Operation Buckle Down, Police
Traffic Services and Speed Campaign, and the Underage Drinking Prevention
- The Division of Government Research, University of New Mexico
Everything you wanted to know about New Mexico's traffic statistics, data
analysis, GIS, census information, health care, traffic crash data, economic
data, maps, completed and current projects.
- What's new at the National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration (NHTSA) What's NHTSA Doing? NHTSA Hot Line, Problems
and Issues, Testing, Results, Regulations and Standards, Research and Development,
Injury Prevention, Communications, and Outreach, Driver Performance, Crash
Information, NHTSA-related events and projects. Get the FACTS from the National Center for Statistics and Analysis.
- Stop Impaired Driving: New research from NHTSA .
- Safer New Mexico Now Safer New Mexico Now (SNMN) is a
statewide, non-profit, traffic safety injury prevention coalition. Since 1985,
Safer New Mexico Now has designed and implemented public awareness, enforcement
and training programs to improve traffic safety, child safety and police traffic
services in New Mexico.
- New Mexico DWI Resource Prosecutor, Donna Bevacqua-Young, Administrative Office of the District Attorneys, PO BOX 6667 Santa Fe, NM 87502, FAX: (505) 827-7578
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Hundreds
of facts from the auto insurance industry on alcohol and other drugs, beginning
drivers, fatality facts, kids and airbags, large trucks, motorcycles, passenger
vehicles/crash tests, pedestrians, roads and highways, state traffic laws
Mexico Motor Vehicle Division: Get the driver's manual on line, or
register your car by mail. Get information about NM's new Driver's License and ID Cards. Obtain forms for Bill of Sale, Graduated
Drivers License, Odometer Disclosure Statement, Personalized Plate, Handicapped
Plate, Change of Address Request, Request for Hearing, Duplicate Certificate
of Title, Point System Regulations and Schedule, Commercial Driver Licensing
Medical Examination Certification... well, you get the idea!
- Governor's Highway Safety Association (GHSA) list of State Highway Safety Offices. and State Highway Safety Laws. This extremely comprehensive list of 50 offices that handle the nation's traffic safety problems will answer the question, "what is everyone else doing? "
- Why 21: Get the Truth About the 21 Law: As the nation's current debate on the 21 Minimum Legal Drinking Age (MLDA) continues, it can be easy to mistake opinions for facts. Why21.org offers the straight truth on why the MLDA law is important to you regardless of your age and describes how it saves lives.With information on how alcohol affects the teen brain, the realities of underage drinking, facts to common myths and a history of the drinking age law.
- None For The Road DWI Awareness Class: All first-time licensees in New Mexico, between the ages of 18 and 24 are required to take this DWI awareness class.
Resource Center serves as a central clearinghouse for information
on DWI and DWI-related issues and provides research, materials, training and
National Find a local chapter, read victim's stories, see what's
in the news nationally.
- TACT & Associates officer traffic safety training classes: Peer training ("Cops teaching cops") in Standarized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), the Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP), DRE Training, crash investigation, traffic engineering, media, and the courts.
- DWI Vehicle Seizure Auction Calendar, Albuquerque: Bentley & Associates, 1915 Commercial NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
Mexico Statewide Traffic Records System. Since
2002, working tirelessly to improve New Mexico's traffic records and data
Mexico Department of Finance and Administration, Local Government Division. Funding Available for DWI programs in New Mexico, paid for by taxes.
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety aggressive driving information, teen driver problems, pedestrian and bicycle
safety, the driver-ZED crash course in crash prevention, online drowsy driving
quiz, graduate fellowships, and Real Audio sound clips
Mexico Judiciary Find what you need about the judiciary from
the Administrative Office of the Courts.
- SafeHomes , originally an NCADD project, helps establish community-wide norms for such
things as curfews, enabling parents to resist the peer pressure that influences
their decisions almost as much as their children's. Through directories and
newsletters, SafeHomes facilitates the kind of communication that previous
generations took for granted.
- Network of Employers for
Traffic Safety (NETS)
- Alliance for Transportation Research: The research mission
of ATR affects the safety, efficiency, equity, and environmental impact of
local, state, national, and international transportation systems. ATR research
projects are broken down into three program areas: Transportation Science;
- Suntran Transit,
Albuquerque's hedge against drinking and driving... What's new in
Other Useful Links