The New Mexico Transportation Safety Center website is a collaboration between UNM Continuing Education and the New Mexico Department of Transportation, Traffic Safety Division, working together to implement programs in Driver Education, Traffic Safety, and Ignition Interlock technologies that help to keep New Mexico’s roads safe. The Transportation Safety Center also writes and publishes educational materials on a variety of transportation safety and driver education topics.
An NMDOT Rule Revision for Driver Safety (NMAC 18.20.8), DWI (NMAC 7.32.20), and Motorcycle Training Program (NMAC 188.8.131.52) is currently underway. Two Public Hearing dates have been selected for stakeholder discussion:
DATES TO REMEMBER
DRIVER SAFETY SCHOOLS
- Renewal applications due September 29, 2017. $25 late fee for all applications received after that.
- Quarterly reports (August to October) due no later November 10, 2017.
- Quarterly reports (November to January) due no later than February 10, 2018
DRIVERS EDUCATION SCHOOLS
- Quarterly reports (July to September) due no later than October 10, 2017
- New Instructor Drivers Education Training November 13-17, 2017. Enrollment closes November 3rd. No additional variances permitted.
- Quarterly reports (October to December) due no later than January 10, 2018.
To obtain a copy of the current NMAC for each program please select the Licensing Tab above and select the program desired.
None for the Road – DWI Education
Looking for the None for the Road DWI Education information? Visit https://nonefortheroad.org.
Articles of interest and NHTSA media campaigns and materials.