The New Mexico Transportation Safety Center website is a collaboration with the New Mexico Department of Transportation, Traffic Safety Division, working together to implement programs in Driver Education, Traffic Safety, and Ignition Interlock technologies that help to keep New Mexico’s roads safe. The Transportation Safety Center also writes and publishes educational materials on a variety of transportation safety and driver education topics.
An NMDOT Rule Revision for Driver Safety (NMAC 18.20.8), DWI (NMAC 7.32.20), and Motorcycle Training Program (NMAC 22.214.171.124) is currently underway.
DRIVER SAFETY SCHOOLS
- Renewal applications due September 29, 2017. $25 late fee for all applications received after that.
- Quarterly reports (November to January) due no later than February 10, 2018
- Quarterly reports (February to April 2018) due no later than May 10, 2018
- Quarterly reports (May to July 2018) due no later than August 10, 2018
- Quarterly reports (August to October 2018) due no later than November 10, 2018
- Quarterly reports (November 2018 to January 2019) due no later than February 10, 2019
DRIVER EDUCATION SCHOOL
- Quarterly reports (January to March 2018) due no later than April 10, 2018
- Quarterly reports (April to June 2018) due no later than July 10, 2018
- Quarterly reports (July to September 2018) due no later than October 10, 2018
- Quarterly reports (October to December 2018) due no later than January 10, 2019
To obtain a copy of the current NMAC for each program please select the Licensing Tab above and select the program desired.
None for the Road – DWI Education
Looking for the None for the Road DWI Education information? Visit https://nonefortheroad.org.
- Driver Education students and Driver’s Ed Instructors can enter the Jiffy Lube “What Drives You?” scholarship contest for the chance to win scholarship awards. It’s easy, fast, & you could be a winner…but hurry, you need to enter & the scholarship deadline, March 12 is rapidly approaching...Click here to enter
- Articles of interests, NHTSA media campaigns, local news…Click here for NHTSA website.
- Access to MVD website and the newly, updated Procedures Manual or place an order your license plates online and much, much more...Click here for MVD website.
- Bike and pedestrian updates...Click here for more information.
- Information on the “Look For Me Campaign” throughout ABQ…Click here for the link to the LOOKFORMECAMPAIGN facebook page
- News You Can Use to Keep Teen Drivers Safe…Click here for more information.
- Here’s a link to Consumer Safety Guide that covers the latest buzz about consumer products including medical devices, drugs, household items, and of course, the automotive field...Click here for more information.