The University of New Mexico Transportation Safety Center website is a collaboration with the New Mexico Department of Transportation, Traffic Safety Division, working together to implement programs in Driver Education, Traffic Safety, and Ignition Interlock technologies that help to keep New Mexico’s roads safe. The Transportation Safety Center also facilitates training by coordinating with the New Mexico Department of Transportation, Traffic Safety Division with providing training and educational opportunities.
NMDOT Traffic Safety Division (TSD) & UNM Transportation Safety Center (TSC) announce a brand new series of four (4) hour courses for continuing education units (CEU’s) for 2020 as follows:
Course 23081- Stay Compliant*
Course 23083- Stay Alert!
Course 23085- Stay Informed
*Course 23081 (Stay Compliant) may be combined with either Course 23083 (Stay Alert!) or Course 23085 (Stay Informed), to satisfy the requirements of NMAC 18.104.22.168(B.1) or NMAC 22.214.171.124(B.4) which address the 5-year, 8-hour “Refresher” training.
Please visit our Training Calendar for more details.
None for the Road – DWI Education
Looking for the None for the Road DWI Education information? Visit https://nonefortheroad.org.
- Driver Education students and teen drivers can enter the Jiffy Lube “What Drives You?” scholarship contest for the chance to win scholarship awards. Click here to enter
- Articles of interests, NHTSA media campaigns, local news…Click here for NHTSA website.
- Access to MVD website and the newly, updated Procedures Manual or place an order your license plates online and much, much more...Click here for MVD website.
- Bike and pedestrian updates...Click here for more information.
- Information on the “Look For Me Campaign” throughout ABQ…Click here for the link to the LOOKFORMECAMPAIGN facebook page
- News You Can Use to Keep Teen Drivers Safe…Click here for more information.
- Here’s a link to Consumer Safety Guide that covers the latest buzz about consumer products including medical devices, drugs, household items, and of course, the automotive field...Click here for more information.